Package README - S3 OS2 DBCS DISPLAY DRIVER PAK (S3_DBCS)
This readme file contains information on how to install the S3 OS2 DISPLAY
DRIVER KIT. This OS/2 driver supports adapters and system boards that have
either the Trio 32/64/64V+ or the Vision 864/964/868/968 graphics controller
a DBCS OS/2 system.
1.0 SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS
2.0 PRELIMINARY STEPS
4.0 PROBLEM DETERMINATION & TECHNICAL SUPPORT
5.0 S3 OS2 Display Driver CONTENTS.
1.0 System Requirements
Before you install the S3 OS2 DBCS DISPLAY DRIVER (S3_DBCS), make sure that you have:
a) installed DBCS versions of OS/2 2.11, OS/2 WARP Version 3.0 or later,
b) 4_MB of system memory
c) 2_MB of hard disk space on your Boot Drive.
2.0 PRELIMINARY STEPS
1) Unzip the file S3DBCS.ZIP to get S3DBCS1.DSK S3DBCS2.DSK LOADDSKF.EXE
2) Rebuild the two S3 display driver install diskettes by running
C:>LOADDSKF.EXE S3DBCS1.DSK A:
C:>LOADDSKF.EXE S3DBCS2.DSK A:
S3 OS2 Display Driver (S3DBCS)
1) Ensure all preliminary steps are completed from section 2.0 above.
2) Insert the first S3 display driver install diskette, with volume labeled as
S3 DRV1, and run SETUP.EXE, either from an OS/2 command prompt or the OS/2
from an OS/2 command prompt or the OS/2 Workplace Shell.
E) Follow installation instructions as they come up.
The installation adds the following statements to your config.sys file.
4.0 Problem Determination & Technical Support
1) To report a problem or obtain the latest releases of OS/2 display drivers
by S3 Inc, you may contact S3 BBS at (408) 654-5676 or our WWW site at
5.0 S3 OS2 Display Driver (S3DBCS) Package contents:
This package contains the following files:
- S3DBCS1.DSK The first device driver install diskette image for the DBCS version
of the S3-OS/2 display driver. The Presentation Manager display driver
on this diskette supports S3 Trio 32/64/64V+/64V2+ and Vision 868/968
- S3DBCS2.DSK The second device driver install diskette image for the DBCS version
of the S3-OS2 display driver. The Presentation Manager display driver
on this diskette supports S3 Vision 864/964 chipsets.
- LOADDSKF.EXE The utility program that creates the diskette image for a .DSK file
- README.1ST This README.1ST file
Trio,Trio32,Trio64,Trio64V+,Trio64V2+, Vision864, Vision964, Vision868,
Vision968 and S3 are trademarks of S3 Incorporated in the United States
and/or other countries.
The following terms, denoted by an asterisk (*) in this file, are trademarks or registered
trademarks of IBM Corporation in the United States and/or other countries:
The software contains in the S3 OS/2 Display Driver Diskette is provided for
use 'as it' without any warranty, either expressed or implied. By using the
software, you agree to release S3 Inc. of any liabilities, including, but not
limited to, damages, injuries and profits lost that incur through the use of
the software. You are informed that you choose to use the software at your