아무래도 beta III 가 되면 final release 가 될거라는데...
* New: CUPS printer support. Support for a large variety of printers is installed by default.
* New: File Open Container.
* New: split view for desktop folders.
* New: Adapters and Protocols configuration program.
* New: PNG Desktop. (large icons)
* ACPI power management, especially in combination with multiple processors. The ACPI support in eComStation 2.2 has been significantly overhauled relative to earlier versions.
* Video driver performance with Panorama. Panorama has received considerable improvement since eComStation 2.1; in particular, widescreen displays should now be much better-supported.
* WiFi support has been updated with new versions of the XWLAN widget and the WPA supplicant program.
* A Java-based RDP (Remote Desktop Protocol) client has been added to facilitate remote connections to Windows workstations and servers.
* Audio related problems: Uniaud Trac system (login, create a user at http://www.netlabs.org/site/member/)
* ACPI related problems: ACPI Trac system (login, create a user at http://www.netlabs.org/site/member/)
* Samba related problems: Samba for eComStation Trac system (login, create a user at http://www.netlabs.org/site/member/)
* All other issues: eComStation Bugtracker (please login first at the left hand form)
흠.. 일단 cups 면... 앞으로 printer 문제는 거의 해결일거라고 봐야겠구요..(cups 는 apple project 니깐요 지금은 거의)
그외에 PNG icon이라... 개인적으로는 SVG 나 써줬으면 좋겠지만.. 욕심이겠죠 그건...
비디오 속도와 몇가지가 좋아진건 분명 장점일거같고....
java기반의 RDP client라.... 아무래도 openjdk 의 영향이겠죠 이건?
원래 os/2 의 netbeui 는 어디에 팔아먹고 굳이 samba 를 쓰는지는 잘 모르겠습니다만... 꽤나 공을 많이 들인 느낌이기는 합니다. 다시 삽질의 계절이 오는걸까요? :D